Wednesday, May 27, 2009

being lazy

I haven't been quite as productive as I would have liked. I ordered two new books, one on UAVs and another on SolidWorks. I figure I really should learn SolidWorks, and not just for this project. I'll do some light reading this week, but most of my major work will be next week. There's a lot of info in the RC groups forum that I need to sift through. I saw some nifty chassis ideas, including using one of those security camera domes as a protective top. Made it look really cool. I feel hesitant about the thin carbon fiber arms, but I know they're stronger than they look intuitively. I do like the screw locking method one person used, since it wasn't permanent, yet was strong. One person used a 4 tube interconnect as a base for the chasis. It looked a lot more stable than other methods.

In terms of my proposal, I wasn't entirely pleased with the format of the proposal so I'll probably try to reorganize it. I do need to add in a section on some mathematic models. I find it humorous that in Musial's book that he commented that several papers used the same model for controller design and simulation verification. Of course their simulation will work; they're predicting the data that they used. I notice Musial's observation to be too true. In my incomplete research survey, I've found no less than 7 such papers. Tisk tisk. I fully plan on doing more rigorous simulations for my mathematical models. Even if I'm just going to use a simple PID controller.

Anyways, back to my 'vacation'

No comments:

Post a Comment